It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom decimal attribute not sortable

John Steele (27111) | asked Feb 02 '18, 9:50 a.m.
edited Feb 02 '18, 10:02 a.m.

I have created several custom attributes. Most are enumerations on string literals, but three are based upon the decimal data type. All the custom enumerations are sortable, but the decimal ones aren't.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Thanks.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 05 '18, 12:52 a.m.

When you say sortable, do you mean you cannot select them for sorting, or it takes no effect when the results are supposed in the sort order? Are you using work item queries, or other querying capability such as OSLC?

John Steele commented Feb 05 '18, 2:57 p.m.

Donald,

These decimal attributes are visible in a Plan view, but clicking on the title of the column has no effect. (The title is in plain text, while the titles of the other columns are bold - and they're sortable.)

Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 05 '18, 5:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Consider providing vital information (such as plan view) in your question John. Please see How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

The attributes could show up at at least 5 places in the tools.

John Steele commented Feb 06 '18, 11:53 a.m.

More information on this question (with thanks to those trying to help):

• RTC v6.0.5
  • Epic Work Item
Screenshot of the Types and Attributes screen, showing one of the custom digital attributes:

Screenshot of the Plan view with one of the custom digital attributes:

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.