It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to read the details of all the Atribute Types in any Project Area ?

Vaibhav S (106124) | asked Jan 22 '18, 6:23 a.m.

Hi all,

Is it possible to read the details of all the Attribute Types in any Project Area ?

My Requirement is to match the Attribute Type URI with the Instance Shape returned by the Requirement Object.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Vaibhav

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.4k314) | answered Jan 22 '18, 6:23 p.m.

Not quite sure why you need all the attribute types in "any" project area. Getting the type definition should be very straightforward.

When you GET the details of a requirement, you will get <oslc:instanceShape>, which I believe you have already known that. Follow the instance shape URI, you should then have some <rm:hasSystemAttribute> and <rm:hasAttribute> attributes. And finally follow the URI in these attributes, you can get the details of each individual attribute, with <dcterms:title> being the attribute name.

Do I misunderstand what you are trying to do?

Comments
Vaibhav S commented Jan 23 '18, 12:21 a.m. | edited Jan 23 '18, 12:21 a.m.

Hi Donald Nong,

Thanks for the response.

I will elaborate a bit. I am developing a utility which takes "ArtifactType" name as input and returns Ids of all the Artifacts of that Artifact Type as output.

For the same I need to match the Attribute Type/ Instance Shape of any requirement object with all the available Attribute Types in the given Project Area.

So far I am able to read the Instance shape for any Requirement object but not able to retrieve Attribute Type Name from that URI.

On passing the instanceShape URI i dont get any "rm" related tags (<rm:hasSystemAttribute>,<rm:hasAttribute> as mentioned by you).

<dcterms:title> is do visible but it has many instances of it available.

Please let me know what did I miss.

Thanks
Vaibhav

permanent link
Vaibhav S (106124) | answered Jan 23 '18, 11:43 p.m.

Hi,

I found the code that will do the job:

ClientResponse clientResponseAttribute = client.getResource(requirement.getInstanceShape().toString(), OSLCConstants.CT_RDF);

ResourceShape resourceShape = clientResponseAttribute.getEntity(ResourceShape.class);

artifactType = resourceShape.getTitle();

Thanks
Vaibhav

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.