It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Eclipse workitem editor, popup-dialog colors

Craig Bell (537) | asked Jan 11 '18, 3:12 p.m.

I am running Eclipse on RHEL 7 (RTC server and client are both 6.0.2).

When editing a workitem, the dialog boxes that popup when I hover over links have colors that are very hard to read.  The text is dark blue (and turn even darker when links are hovered), and the background is black.  

How can I adjust the colors of these dialog boxes? I've found and fixed similar problems with Preferences-> editor -> colors but I have not found anything that addresses RTC workitems.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jan 12 '18, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Craig,

this does not sound like I would expect Eclipse to show. If you install a plain Eclipse, does that show the same?
Have you tried to find hints in RHEL or Eclipse forums? As far as I know RTC is just as any other Eclipse plugin, so it picks up the settings from Eclipse. If this happens only with RTC dialogs try to install Eclipse Neon and install RTC as P2.

permanent link
Craig Bell (537) | answered Jan 15 '18, 10:48 a.m.
edited Jan 15 '18, 1:08 p.m.

I have looked elsewhere but have found nothing that affected the RTC workitem.  It seems that the Eclipse colors are defaulted to the OS-Desktop, but mine are set Black text on White background, unless overridden.  I have found Eclipse Preferences to override color settings in the General -> Editors,  and also Java -> Editors, but nothing that affects the Workitem preview-hover-diaglog.

I already run RTC just the way you suggest: barebones eclipse,  Oxygen (eclipse-platform-4.7.1a-linux-gtk-x86_64) with the P2 version of RTC client.

Craig

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.