It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC eclipse plugin installation issue

James Cheung (671116) | asked Dec 06 '13, 3:38 p.m.
Hi all,

Need your help here. I used to have the RTC plug-in 4.0.2 installed on my Websphere Message Broker toolkit 8.0 under Win7 32 bit. It ran perfectly.

Now, I have a new laptop which is Win7 64 bit. I tried the same p2 software RTC-Client-p2Repo-4.0.2.zip on the Websphere Message Broker toolkit 8.0. It was installed successfully, but I couldn't find those RTC perspectives such as Jazz Admin and Work Item.

Since our server is 4.0.3, I tried both p2 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 without luck.

It will be great if you have any suggestion or direction for me to fix/troubleshoot this issue?

Best regards,
James

Comments
James Cheung commented Dec 11 '13, 3:38 p.m.

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for the help.

1. The version is below:
  Eclipse Platform 3.6.2.r362_v20110210-9gF78Gs1FrIGnHDHWkEcopoN8AmxeZflGDGKQi org.eclipse.platform.feature.group

2. No, I haven't tried that IM (IBM Installation Manager?) installation, but I will try it and report back. 

Best regards,
James

James Cheung commented Dec 11 '13, 3:46 p.m.

Another information:

I see this from the WMB toolkit "Installed Software" tab:
  Rational Team Concert Client Feature 4.2.100.RTC-I20130517-1856 com.ibm.team.rtc.client.feature.feature.group 

However, I don't see any RTC plugin installed from the WMB "Plug-ins" tab.

Best regards,
James

James Cheung commented Dec 11 '13, 4:54 p.m.

Hi Piotr,

When I tried to install via IIM and extended the existing WMB8 Toolkit IDE to contain the RTC, I got this error. Any idea? Should I not to "Extend an existing Eclipse"?

CRIMA1166E: There is a package installed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WMBT800" in the "IBM WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit" package group. The Eclipse IDE for the new "IBM Rational Team Concert Client" package group must not be the same as an existing package installation directory.

Thanks again on this complicated issue.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Dec 10 '13, 6:35 a.m.
Can you please let me know which version of Eclipse is used by WMB?
Have you tried using the IM install over existing eclipse?
James Cheung selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
James Cheung (671116) | answered Dec 11 '13, 6:04 p.m.
Thanks Piotr.

IBM Installation Manager with this zip (RTC-Eclipse-Client-Extension-repo-4.0.2.zip) works.

Best regards,
James

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.