It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get notified when files with certain names are changed on a stream

David Ward (8311214) | asked Oct 15 '14, 10:52 a.m.
I find myself in the situation of needing to know when Makefile's are changed on our stream. 

Is there some way to be notified (email or RSS feed perhaps) when certain kinds of source files are changed on  a stream ?

Perhaps I can create a query that shows changes to those files in last n days, or something like that.

Any advice welcome

Dave

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Oct 16 '14, 9:30 p.m.
 Hi David,
You can consider to restrict other users to modify Makefile using "Restrict Changes by Item Name" precondition in "Deliver phase 2 (server)".
Otherwise you need to develop a follow-up participant. Please see the discussion here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/131741/rtc-plugin-for-sending-notification-email

Comments
David Ward commented Oct 21 '14, 3:03 p.m.

Thank you.

In my particular case, I can't do either of those things.  I'm really just looking for a way to monitor incoming changes to certain kinds of files.

Tim Mok commented Oct 21 '14, 5:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There's no built-in feature that will do this for you. Your best option is to create a custom post-condition on deliver.

Or if you don't mind too much manual work, open change sets in Change Summary and generate a change log. Then you can search that log for the file you care about. I don't know how often you intend to do this but this may be a quick and dirty way to get what you want.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.