It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone of you ever created his own Jazz Application (based on JAF)

Lukas Steiger (3131625) | asked Dec 06 '17, 4:32 p.m.

Dear all,

I successfully created various RTC extensions, including services, advisors and page extensions. Where I always failed achieved was to create my own application based on the Jazz platform, using the JAF SDK.
I went through the instructions in the Jazz Wiki again today (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JAFSdkSetup ), whereas I never succeded to stick together a proper launch configuration that started successfully.

Is there anyone out there who can confirm that this is even possible and if yes, is there a chance that you can provide me with a working hello world project or something similar?

It would be extremly helpful if anyone out there is able to give me some guidance. In case that I would succeed, I would then publish the hello world project (or even something more useful) as part of our Jazz Community GitHub page

Thanks in advance, Lukas

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 07 '17, 4:28 a.m. | edited Dec 08 '17, 8:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Lukas,

I haven't. I have tried to follow the HelloJazz (not HelloJaf) examples though and there where several glitches and also references to internal tools that even I could not access. Note the TWIKI is an internal tool for the developers, where others are allowed to have a glance.

Lukas Steiger commented Dec 07 '17, 11:44 a.m.

Hi Ralph, I'm very glad that IBM allows any registered Jazz.net user to access the Wiki, which helped me a lot in the past. So I will definitely not nail down anyone of you on this article. Thanks for confirming that you also struggled with it, so I will try a different approach now :-)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.