It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to create a report in JRS to list all test cases that have being reused in more than one test plan ?

Joao Carusi (263114) | asked Dec 22 '16, 3:41 p.m.
Is it possible to create a report in JRS to list all test cases that have being reused in more than one test plan ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
hani zaidi (74622) | answered Dec 23 '16, 10:48 a.m.
 Hi Joao,

Yes this report is possible with JRS. Select Test Plan from Quality Management artifacts, then create a trace ability link to related test cases, in the format section add a calculated values columns for test cases and limit 

You'll have a report in this format

Test Cases | Count of test linked test plans.

If you want to add a condition and not view the linked test plans count column, to view only reused test cases play with this count by editing the query manually. Try my query pasted below: (I am using JRS 6.0.2 with SQL as DB and DW as datasource)
//-- I've added a having clause for test cases having more than one linked test plan --//

SELECT T1.REFERENCE_ID,
       T1.NAME AS URL1_title,
       T1.URL AS URL1
FROM RIDW.VW_TESTCASE T1
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_TESTPLAN_TESTCASE_LOOKUP LT1
ON (T1.TESTCASE_ID = LT1.TESTCASE_ID)
  INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_TESTPLAN T2
  ON (T2.TESTPLAN_ID = LT1.TESTPLAN_ID)

WHERE (T1.PROJECT_ID = 1 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 0 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 8 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 7 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 6 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 5 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 4 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 9 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 3 OR T1.PROJECT_ID = 2) AND
  (T2.PROJECT_ID = 1 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 0 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 8 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 7 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 6 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 5 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 4 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 9 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 3 OR T2.PROJECT_ID = 2) 
 AND
(T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0 AND T2.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.TESTCASE_ID <> -1 AND T1.TESTCASE_ID IS NOT NULL) AND
(T2.TESTPLAN_ID <> -1 AND T2.TESTPLAN_ID IS NOT NULL)GROUP BY T1.PROJECT_NAME,
         T1.REFERENCE_ID,
         T1.NAME,
         T1.URL having COUNT( DISTINCT T2.REFERENCE_ID) > 1

Hope it helps,
Regards,
Hani 
Joao Carusi selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.