It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

More variables from Test Environment in shell

Andrei Velea (111) | asked Oct 16 '17, 8:43 a.m.

Hello.

I want to find a way to be able to access more Test Environment variables in a .bat file on the same machine as my Command Line Adapter (CLA).
I am able to access only a few variables as environment variables (https://jazz.net/library/article/809):
RQM_CONFIGURATION_NAME
RQM_CONFIGURATION_CPU
RQM_CONFIGURATION_ADAPTER
RQM_CONFIGURATION_APPLICATIONSERVER
RQM_CONFIGURATION_BROWSER
RQM_CONFIGURATION_DATABASE
RQM_CONFIGURATION_ITEMID
RQM_CONFIGURATION_MANAGEMENTAGENT
RQM_CONFIGURATION_OS

Am I able to add custom variables in Test Environment?
My second question is: is there a way to access them in a command line shell (from .bat file) in the same manner as RQM_CONFIGURATION_NAME? (shell variable qm_ RQM_CONFIGURATION_NAME)
I need them in order to customize a testing setup (for IP or other variables).

Regards,
Andrei Velea.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 16 '17, 8:56 p.m.

permanent link
Andrei Velea (111) | answered Oct 17 '17, 3:34 a.m.

Thanks for you answer, but Custom Properties does not seem to be a solution for me.

I tried it.
Using it, I can log in test results some custom properties set in commandline.properties file from CLA .

My need is to pass from RQM to CLA (through Test Environment) some variables and to read them in a .bat file executed by CLA.
For example, I intend to set specific IP address and USB port in Test Environment and read them in the .bat file when I execute the test case on the machine where CLA is located.
Is there a way to have more variables, other than RQM_CONFIGURATION_NAME, RQM_CONFIGURATION_CPU, RQM_CONFIGURATION_ADAPTER etc.?

Regards.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.