It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create RTC work item via Java API without adding the creator as subscriber

Marko Tomljenovic (31647109) | asked Apr 10 '17, 3:26 p.m.

Hello,

for some testing and bulk operation purposes we have created our own tool for creating massive amounts of work items. 
I am now wondering whether there is any chance to disable the feature that the work item creator is automatically added as a subscriber to the work item. 
It is really annoying to get hundreds of emails because of that.

Thank you in advance.

Comments
Lukas Steiger commented Jun 15 '18, 9:10 a.m.

Hi Marko,

I'm struggling with the same issue as you, I have a service account which I use to import work items, but this account should not be listed as subscriber. 
Have you found a solution for this? 

Cheers Lukas

Marko Tomljenovic commented Jun 18 '18, 3:29 a.m. | edited Jun 18 '18, 3:30 a.m.

Hi Lukas,

I haven't tried Ralphs idea, yet. Apart from that I have no concrete solution for the problem. But even if the emails are not sent the user is most likely still added as subscriber and will get emails for all future work item changes.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 18 '18, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For automation you could also use a technical account and configure the mail notification to not receive any e-mails, I have not looked into when in the save process the creator gets subscribed. It might be possible to modify the subscriber and remove the creator.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 11 '17, 3:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Marko, would  Skip Mail save WorkItem Parameter help? I think you are on a version that supports it and the WCL has a parameter /skipEmailNotification  as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.