It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

use current user session to login another project through RTC PlugIn

Chidambaram L (23414287) | asked Jan 21 '16, 12:19 p.m.
PlugIn is configured in "project A". This PlugIn writes data to "Project B".
When using the "com.ibm.team.repository.client.ITeamRepository.login()", password should be hardcoded into the PlugIn.
Session user who invokes the plugin will be a member of Project B.
Is there any way to avoid hardcoding the password.
Can the current session be used by the PlugIn to login Project B ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 22 '16, 3:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 22 '16, 3:44 a.m.
I am not aware that this is possible.

If the extension is a server extension, the extension runs in the context of the user that does the operation that triggers the extension and in the context of his permissions.

The current user would require permissions on Project B to perform the operation there.

Comments
Chidambaram L commented Jan 22 '16, 5:30 a.m.

@rschoon,

Yes, it is a server extension. It is a follow-up action Operation Advisor configured in RTC Project A. Which method to use to login Project B. We cannot hardcode the password.

permanent link
Rubén Bernal Cervigón (11) | answered Jan 27 '16, 12:17 p.m.
Hello, Chidambaram.

I have the similar problem and I am testing a possible solution. I have a extension executing in a project area and I make changes in other project area. After testing other solutions, I find a solution that possibly works. I use a internal server API instead the client API and I don't need the user password for it. You can get the user context in a extension with the "getTeamServiceContext()" method. This method returns a instance of the "com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ITeamServiceContext" interface. The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.TeamServiceContext" internal class implements this interface. This internal class contains the current user. You can use the "pushImpersonation" static method in order to replace the current user. Finally you can use the "popImpersonation" static method in order to restore the original user.

public class MyParticipant extends AbstractService implements IOperationParticipant {
    public void run(AdvisableOperation operation, IProcessConfigurationElement participantConfig, IParticipantInfoCollector collector, IProgressMonitor monitor) throws TeamRepositoryException {
                                IContributorHandle contributorHandle = contributorService.fetchContributorByUserId("user.id.in.other.project.area");
                                IContributor contributor = auditableCommon.resolveAuditable(contributorHandle, ItemProfile.CONTRIBUTOR_DEFAULT, monitor);
                                IContributorRecordHandle contributorRecordHandle = contributorService.fetchContributorRecordByUserId(IContributorUserId.FACTORY.create(contributor.getUserId()));
                                IContributorRecord contributorRecord = auditableCommon.resolveAuditable(contributorRecordHandle, ItemProfile.<IContributorRecord> createFullProfile(IContributorRecord.ITEM_TYPE), monitor);
                                UUID[] contributorIdentityUUIDs = new UUID[contributorRecord.getIdentities().size()];
                                List<IContributorIdentity> contributorIdentities = contributorRecord.getIdentities();
                                TeamServiceContext context;

for (int i = 0; i < contributorIdentities.size(); i++) {
                                    IContributorIdentity contributorIdentity = contributorIdentities.get(i);

contributorIdentityUUIDs[i] = contributorIdentity.getId();
                                }
                                context = TeamServiceContext.pushImpersonation(contributor.getUserId(), contributor.getItemId(), contributorRecord.getItemId(), contributorIdentityUUIDs);
                                try {
                                <you can make changes in the other project area here>
                                } finally {
                                    ((TeamServiceContext) getTeamServiceContext()).popImpersonation(context);
                                }

Until now this solution works for me, but I follow to test it because I find this solution recently.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.