It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the use of flow target while sharing the component between stream?

Krunal Gaoli (67769) | asked Sep 15 '17, 12:40 a.m.

Hi Team,

My use case is that I am having two stream in RTC SCM  stream A and Stream B, I wanted to share some specific files from stream B to stream A. How Can I do that as well as how the version will maintained in stream A and stream B.

I have tried to perform the same using component sharing option.

Please suggest it with Flow target option.

Best Regards,
Krunal.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 15 '17, 4:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not sure what you mean by the "component sharing option".

In order to "share files" from stream B (the "source" stream) to stream A (the "target" stream), first you would declare that Stream A is a flow target of stream B.   Then if you open stream B in the Pending Changes view, you will see outgoing changes from the component that contains those files in stream B.   Right click on those changes and select the "deliver" operation.

If you have made further changes to those files in stream B, those additional changes will appear in the outgoing changes folder.   Conversely, if you have made changes to those files in stream A, those changes will appear in the incoming changes folder.   If you have modified the same file in parallel in both Stream A and Stream B, you would need to create a repository workspace that flows with both Stream A and Stream B, accept the changes from A and B into the workspace, resolve the conflicts, and then deliver the changes back to whichever stream should contain the combination.

Krunal Gaoli selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.