It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Email notification whenever file is delivered.

jyoti mishra (45139) | asked Sep 12 '17, 10:04 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

My task is to send the email,whenever some changes is done using plugin development ,I am using SCM. I have added the project area name inside subject of the email.Mail is properly delivered ,when I am delivering the changed file,but problem is that ,when project area name is bigger then ,actual project area name is displayed inside email body properly,but this is not same in the subject name.
project area name is displayed in the following way:-
email body:- Test Rapid Software CCM2
subject name:-RTC File Change Notification for Project Area : Test Rapid SoftwareCCM2.
Notice the project area name inside subject.So kindly help me,why it is happen so.
Thanks and regard
jyoti.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Sep 13 '17, 11:27 p.m.

Are you talking about the space between "Software" and "CCM2"? I believe the first thing you need to check is what is the exact encoding of this "space". Is it really %20 as you may have assumed?

Comments
jyoti mishra commented Sep 14 '17, 2:24 a.m. | edited Sep 14 '17, 8:08 a.m.

yes,Donald you are right. I am not getting why always the last space is trim from the project area name in subject of the email.

Donald Nong commented Sep 14 '17, 3:26 a.m. | edited Sep 14 '17, 3:27 a.m.

Is the project area name "Test Rapid Software CCM2" or "Test Rapid Software"? If your code appends "CCM2" to "Test Rapid Software", then you need to check your code.

jyoti mishra commented Sep 14 '17, 8:59 a.m.

Thanks Donald.I got the answer that it is a defect in RTC 6.0.3.This issue(last word is concatenate with previous word in subject name) is solved in CLM 6.0.5.

Donald Nong commented Sep 15 '17, 1:59 a.m.

Wow! This is really a curious case. Can you please "answer" your own question with the link to the defect so that others facing the same issue can find it easily?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.