It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6.0.3 user profile does not show jazz groups selected

Tojan John (1172882) | asked Sep 11 '17, 10:06 a.m.

We have CLM 6.0.3 on windows 2012 server with Websphere 8.5.5.10. Issue is jazz repository permission is not selected while viewing users profile and license as a wsadmin. But when user opens his/her profile, it shows the correct selection of jazz repository permissions.

Any configuration is missing?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Sep 11 '17, 4:38 p.m.

If an admin looks into the profile of a user, the repository group membership is evaluated from the advanced properties settings of JTS and not from the Websphere group membership define by in the applications of Websphere console.

This means, Websphere groups could be correctly configured, users can login, they see in their profiles the correct group memberships, but the admin sees something else or nothing than the permissions which are really in place.

So check the Advanced properties in JTS. They must be wrong, the user to access LDAP is wrong, the password is wrong or something else.

Note: if you are using a federated repo in Websphere with multiple domain roots, you can only configure one of them in the Advanced Properties. So you will see only the permissions of users which are in this domain. The others can work, but the admin will not see their permissions.

regards
Guido

Tojan John selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tojan John commented Sep 12 '17, 12:00 a.m. | edited Sep 12 '17, 12:04 a.m.

Hello Guido,

I checked Jazzadmin user ID and password in advanced properties of JTS server and everything looks fine. Which property should i check specifically?

I am not using federated repo in WAS

One other answer

permanent link
A S (58532) | answered Sep 11 '17, 2:03 p.m.
edited Sep 11 '17, 2:21 p.m.

If you click on the link on the left side called "work environment", it shows you the details and more that you are looking for.  

wsadmin should also be a JazzAdmin

Regular users cannot see other users profile details

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.