It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question on Creating report in RTC 2.0-Custom work item vid

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Sep 23 '09, 1:38 a.m.
I've been creating the same report as described in the video except I'm using a separate Enumeration field that we created custom called Customer in place of Themes. I created the projectArea script and added it back in the Customer data set in the PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID parameter as projectArea;

After dragging the columns onto the layout the Preview shows no values. When I try the Preview in the Customer data set I get the following error.

A BIRT exception occurred.
Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org
Plug-in Name:BIRT Data Engine
Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.data
Version:2.3.2.r232_v20090211
Error Code:data.engine.UnexpectedError
Error Message:Data engine operation failed due to an unexpected exception.
There are errors evaluating script "projectArea;":
ReferenceError: "projectArea" is not defined. (<inline>#1).

I entered the script like specified in the video:

projectArea = row;

Any ideas why it's saying it's not defined? I've gone through the video twice and verified I'm following what Rafik is doing in the example.

5 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 23 '09, 2:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Michael, the report shown in the video can be downloaded from:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsCentral

and I know it works. The only way I can debug yours is if you create a Work Item and attach your report design to it.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Sep 23 '09, 6:57 p.m.
Michael, the report shown in the video can be downloaded from:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsCentral

and I know it works. The only way I can debug yours is if you create a Work Item and attach your report design to it.

Thanks,

I created Defect 95109 and attached the .rptdesign file and a screenshot of my enumeration.

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 24 '09, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The screen grab you sent me shows that the customer custom attribute is of type Small String. Are you sure you declared your enumeration type?

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Sep 25 '09, 7:21 p.m.
The screen grab you sent me shows that the customer custom attribute is of type Small String. Are you sure you declared your enumeration type?

Rafik,

I removed the Customer field from my Presentation and re-added it with type customer rather than Small String and it now appears in the report. The problem I have now is by adding it to the Presentation this way it becomes only a single-select field where we need the ability to select more than one customer.

Do you know of a way to get this report to work with defining the field as Small String and then defining the Enumeration in the properties of the field?

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 26 '09, 9:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
So what you are saying is that when an enumeration is just declared but not used by any custom work item field, it does not get exposed to BIRT.
I just looked at our code and I can confirm that what you have found out is true. To fix this, I may need a fix from the work item team since currently to discover the enumerations, I have to traverse all the work item types searching for enumeration custom fields.
Until then, can you create a fake work item type that uses your enumeration and that should fix the problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.