It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Best use of email notifications in DOORS NG / How to subscribe to an artifact / emailing comments

James Bell (2112) | asked Aug 11 '17, 11:42 a.m.

Hi,

We have recently set up email notifications in DOORS NG but arent sure how best to use them? Emails are working (i can click on a user's username and send them an email address which works) however it isnt clear how notifications are meant to work in DOORS?

E.g. I can go to a requirement, add a comment and 'direct it' to a specific user however they get no email notification - not sure why DOORS wouldnt notify someone if a comment is directed to them?

I have seen a reference that its possible to 'subscribe' to an artifact and then you can get notified if it changes - however I cant see anything in the UI for doing this though.

Are there any guides on how/what causes notifications in DOORS and how this is best to be of use to a team? Additionally is there anything that explains the subscribe functionality.

Thanks,
James

Comments
Tom Leser commented Aug 23 '17, 1:02 p.m. | edited Aug 23 '17, 1:03 p.m.

I'm also having the same issue.  We are getting notifications within RQM, but I don't see any options to configure notifications within DNG, and comments on reqs to the authors is critical, otherwise key stakeholders only know when we have to go and bug them about it.

2 answers

permanent link
Carol Watson (71016) | answered Aug 11 '17, 12:02 p.m.

Hi James,

Under Server Administration, have you set up Email Settings?  

We use Outlook at our company, so when a Comment is added in DNG the recipient receives an Outlook message with a link to that Artifact.  It's a Do Not Reply return address, which stops them from attempting to respond on the message.  The intent is that they'll click the link to the artifact, then respond by replying to the comment within the tool.

Carol

Comments
James Bell commented Aug 11 '17, 12:26 p.m.

We have - the test email plus if you click a users name and send email both work. You can click a users name in a comment and forward the comment to them from DOORS and that works.

Ideally we were hoping for what you have - automatic sending of mail to person the comment is addressed to

permanent link
Carol Watson (71016) | answered Aug 11 '17, 12:34 p.m.

The only other things I can think to check are the settings under Advanced Properties for com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.mailer.MailerService

For example, making sure Enable E-Mail Notification is set to 'true' and that Email From, Name and Reply addresses are properly configured.

Good luck!

Carol

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.