It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Create Test Plan" is missing from the Planning menu (After Enabling OSLC Link/Attribute Mapping)

Tom Leser (19116) | asked Aug 01 '17, 3:49 p.m.
edited Aug 02 '17, 9:53 a.m.

SW Version: RQM 6.0.3

I'm a jazz admin, and have a Quality Professional license assigned to me.  I've searched the forums and others who have had this problem the responses alluded to the license, doesn't seem to be the same issue here.

I check the main menu options under menu organization and both "Create Test Plan" and "Import Test Plans" are selected.  

All of a sudden the options to Create and to Import are missing.  I cannot upload an image since I don't have 60 points yet.  I seem to have no ability to create a test plan now and not sure why.  

Update: I realized the difference between this project area, and another project area where "Create" still exists, is that I went and enabled OSLC Link/Attribute Mapping.  

Comments
Ulf Arne Bister commented Aug 02 '17, 1:28 a.m.

To circle in on it, the obvious questions: are the menu options activated when you log in with a different user? In a different project area? Using a different browser?

Tom Leser commented Aug 02 '17, 9:03 a.m.

Ulf, good suggestions.  With a different user the same thing is happening.  I can verify it DOES work in a different project area.  Same issue with either IE or Chrome.  Now I can't think of any configuration changes that would have removed "Create Test Plan" from the menu for an admin even.  I'm hoping somebody has an answer for this, it's difficult long process for us to create PMR's to IBM support.

Tom Leser commented Aug 02 '17, 9:55 a.m.

I just recalled that after enabling OSLC Link/Attribute mapping, is when this no longer worked.  I do not see anyway to disable this now.  So now even with pre-existing test plans, the reconcile requirements isn't working anymore either.  It looks like I've severely broken this tool.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Aug 02 '17, 9:58 a.m.

Tom,
so it is not a browser related issue nor permission group related (since it fails for different users) and it is not related to licensing or server patch level (as it works in another project area).
I take it the project areas are served by the same RQM instance so that leaves the particular project area configuration, incl. project area permissions.

If you open the project and use the cogwheel symbol on the upper right to go to "manage this project area" in the overview it should mention "members". Are the users you tried members of this project area and do they have the appropriate roles, i.e. Test Team Member / Data Migration Administrator?
If that is the case as the next step please check the permissions on that page, sort by operation and look at the Save Testplan > Create permission to check if the Test Team Member role still has that permission in this project area.

If adding the users as project area members or adding the roles to them solves your question please mark the answer as accepted.

- Arne

Tom Leser selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tom Leser commented Aug 02 '17, 10:05 a.m.

Arne,

Thank you! I double checked permissions and for some reason the ability to save a test plan was set to red for both test team member and data migration admin.

Should enabling the attribute mapping disable these permissions?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.