It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Locate 1 changeset from many of changesets delivered to Stream A and deliver it to StreamB

Daisy Huang (42614) | asked Aug 01 '17, 12:13 p.m.
edited Aug 01 '17, 12:22 p.m.

I've got Stream A and B. I created repository workspace 1 from A and delivered 5 change sets(each one related with a work item) to A. After some days, I want to pick 1 of the change sets to deliver to Stream B.  I can find the changeset by clicking "Locate change sets"  from a file. But how can I deliver the changeset I found to Stream B? Since the repository workspace has already got many changes.

I'm using RTC 6.0.3.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Aug 01 '17, 11:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There are couple of ways of doing this:

1) Change the workspace 1 flow target from Stream A to Stream B. In the pending changes view the change sets that are not in Stream B will be shown as outgoing. Select the change set and deliver.
2) You could also set the flow target of Stream A to Stream B. Drag and drop Stream A to the pending changes view or Right click on Stream A and choose "Show in pending changes". In the pending changes view the change sets that are not in Stream B will be shown as outgoing. Select the change set and deliver. 

If there is a conflict reported, then it is better you create a new workspace say workspace2 with source as Stream B, accept the change set from Stream A, resolve the conflicts and then deliver the change set.

3) Open the workitem, go to the links tab. You will see the change sets attached to the workitem. Select the change set and accept it into your workspace2 and deliver to Stream B. When you accept you here too there may be conflicts and you need to resolve the conflicts before delivering the change set.

In all the above cases you could encounter gaps as the change set you are accepting could have been built on other change sets which may be required. Follow the gap editor either to accept all the preceding change sets or merge the changes manually one by one.  

Daisy Huang selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.