It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

HELP: System attribute deleted

David Reilly (69742) | asked Jul 19 '17, 5:29 p.m.
edited Jul 19 '17, 5:31 p.m.
As you can probably tell, this is kind of an issue.
Apparently at some point, the "Contents" attribute type was removed. I can't seem to find anything on how to restore system artifacts to their original state.
Are there any ways to replace a system-defined attribute? For a default attribute such as this one, is there a known list of RDF links where I can just make a "custom" attribute which fulfills the same purpose?
Sincere thanks to any answers.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jul 19 '17, 8:10 p.m.

Do you have any earlier ReqIF files exported from the same project still available? The ReqIF file contains the entire type system, so importing it back should restore the type system. Depending on the content of the ReqIF file, it may also update/overwrite some existing artifacts, so you may want to modify the ReqIF file before importing.

If you want to restore the actual "content", then it is a different story.

BTW, how could the attribute be removed?

David Reilly selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Reilly commented Jul 20 '17, 12:32 p.m.

I appreciate the response, this is certainly helpful. To answer your question, I think after some more searching this was found to be a non-issue. It appears that on certain artifacts / modules, the "Contents" attribute is just not visible. Apologies for seeming alarmist. 

For the general answer, we'll definitely keep this in mind if there's any issues with reverting prior attributes. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.