It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot create or save a plan in RTC [indicates missing license]

Elaine Humphreys (2327) | asked Jul 12 '17, 4:52 a.m.

Hi -

I am unable to create or save a plan in our RTC instance - getting license error below. This is impacting our agile planning requirements - would appreciate help with this :-)

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Elaine.

Comments
Salman Shaikh commented Jul 12 '17, 4:57 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:24 p.m.

First check which license is assigned to you and you are part of which CLM Group (JazzUsers , JazzProjectAdmins etc)

Elaine Humphreys commented Jul 12 '17, 9:15 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:25 p.m.

Hi Salman -

My profile on https://rtp-rtc16.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443 [the repos where I am having the issue with plans] is:

Client Access Licenses enabled is equal to Stakeholder-Floating:

Just to note - I am part of another RTC project on https://rtc-iss.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/ and I have no problems creating or modifying plans. My Repository Permissions is the same [JazzUsers] but my client Access Licenses enabled are different:

Elaine Humphreys commented Jul 12 '17, 9:24 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:25 p.m.

Hi Salman -

I see the images I pasted above are not uploaded - so will write the info instead:

On repos with plan save error:
repos = https://rtp-rtc16.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/web/projects/Security%20Dev%20Ops#action=com.ibm.team.repository.viewUserProfile&itemId=_2U1sUFKpEeernfb4T1tSMg

Repository Permissions = JazzUsers
Client Access Licenses = Rational Team Concert - Stakeholder-Floating

On repos where I can save, modify plans:

repos = https://rtc-iss.tivlab.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/web/projects/Threat%20Sharing#action=com.ibm.team.repository.viewUserProfile&itemId=_eVTnECHqEeasm4WAcp8B6w
Repository Permissions = JazzUsers
Client Access Licenses = Rational Team Concert - Developer-Floating

Accepted answer

permanent link
Salman Shaikh (23412773) | answered Jul 13 '17, 10:26 a.m.

For your User & Done by You:
Click on Your name on Top Right section of the page --> View My Profile and Licenses --> Right Sidebar will show Jazz Repository groups and after that it will list all licenses and checked one is assigned to you.

For Admin :
Click on setting icon on top right of the page --> Manage users -->  Search for your User --> He will see the same page as discussed above --> Check mark Dev License and save.

Elaine Humphreys selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Salman Shaikh commented Jul 12 '17, 9:58 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:20 p.m.

Issue is with client access license because stakeholder license has only read permissions for planning. Ask Admin to assign you the Developer license as given to you on other server.

FYI, The Stakeholder license is designed to support extended users such as customers, support personnel or extended community members who want to modify work items, and observe project progress. A user that has been assigned a Stakeholder license has read and write access to Change Management, and read access to Reports (to the ability to author BIRT reports), and Planning capabilities, unless otherwise restricted by role-based process permissions.

If this will resolve the issue , mark this answer as correct.

Elaine Humphreys commented Jul 13 '17, 8:55 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:20 p.m.

Hi Salman -

My role was Product Owner which has the ability to save a plan enabled. I added other roles to myself (as I am and admin on the project) - added ScrumMaster and Team Member. However - when I view my profile I still only see stakeholder license enabled.

When I look in the RTC heavy client I do not see actions regarding saving plans - this may not be an issue but said I owuld let you know.

Any help would be appreciated as this issue is severely hampering our ability to plan our project.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Elaine.

Salman Shaikh commented Jul 13 '17, 9:13 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:21 p.m.

Let me clear, There are 3 things that have some accessibility things in CLM.

1. License :  Should have permission to Read and Write Plans which is with Developer not with stakeholder and it applies within complete tool / all projects
2. Repository Groups :  JazzUsers,JazzAdmins,JazzProjecAdmins have almost all permissions.
3. Role & Permissions in the Project : Role and permissions is just restriction within the project.

So the biggest Permission is with license that whether it allows you to perform operation or not. Please try to assign yourself Developer or some other License and let me know.

Elaine Humphreys commented Jul 13 '17, 9:18 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:21 p.m.

Hi Salman -

How do I check or add a developer license - if I need to contact an admin how do I determine who is the admin? I am an admin for the RTC project 'SaaS Dev Ops' in rtp-rtc16 but I expect I need to contact an admin for rtp-rtc16 to add a
developer license?

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Elaine.

Salman Shaikh commented Jul 13 '17, 10:08 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:21 p.m.

I don't think so we can determine who is admin, but if you people are using LDAP Groups for emails and CLM then you can check users of JazzAdminsGroup. or in other way you have to click on settings icon on top right and click on manage users and randomly open and see user group assigned to it.
One other workaround is normally when an admin creates a project area he is by default added in Administrators Section of the Project.

You have to request the admin to assign you RTC Developer License.

Elaine Humphreys commented Jul 13 '17, 10:22 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:22 p.m.

Thanks Salman.

How would an admin change the license - if I know the steps I can see if I have permission to do this - but right now I cannot see where I change the license from?

Best Regards,
Elaine.

Elaine Humphreys commented Jul 14 '17, 4:58 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '17, 3:22 p.m.

Hi Salman,

I found a link from which I can request a developer license for this RTC repos. This should fix the issue for me.
I will mark the question as complete.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Elaine.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 23 '17, 10:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that as you have noticed, being an admin for a project area does not allow you to assign licenses ... that is a repository wide operation, and therefore requires you to be in the REPO_ADMIN repository permission group.

Also note that being an administrator does not allow you to do everything ... most write operations are role-based, so an administrator has to have the appropriate role to perform most write actions (but an administrator can assign herself any role, so she can grant herself permission to do any write action).

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.