It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do i add an anchor in a jazz link ?

Rokky Vilakkumadathil (111) | asked Jul 05 '17, 12:28 a.m.

Hi,

For a link like the below for a jazz page

how can I add an anchor so that takes me directly to another object - combo5

With an html I would say 

http://abcd.html#combo5

How do we do it here ? Please help.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 05 '17, 1:39 a.m.

Your example link is for viewing a single work item, where the page does not have any particular section for you to jump to. What exact page are you referring to? Note that for the anchor to work, the section/part needs to have a name, and you need to know the name.

Rokky Vilakkumadathil commented Jul 05 '17, 1:44 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the reply.

"combo5" is the "id" of the object. Not name.
    Thats a dummy id I had put in the question. The real id is  "com_ibm_team_workitem_web_mvvm_view_queryable_combo_QueryableComboView_5"

Won't anchor work with "id" .

Wondering why "#" is used for a query string here instead of "?". I would have used "?" for querystring and "#" for anchor.

Donald Nong commented Jul 05 '17, 2:39 a.m.

Oh I think now I know what you try to ask. The hash sign (#) just before the word "action" in the URL is not for fragment or anchor. It has a different meaning but I don't know the details. I believe the object IDs in such page is dynamic so I'm not sure whether you can actually "jump" to any of them.

Rokky Vilakkumadathil commented Jul 05 '17, 2:42 a.m.

Thanks Donald.

But in case if the name is static, is there a way to handle ?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.