It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

restricting access to particular teams to particular streams

Pavitra Chitikela (15112) | asked Jun 28 '17, 2:06 a.m.
retagged Jul 02 '17, 11:37 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi,

I have 3 streams in my project area: DEV, Release, and Continuous. I created different teams to access these streams. “Developer Team, “R Release developer” team and “Continuation developer” team. <o:p> </o:p>

1) Now my problem is that “Continuation developer” team is able to load stream of “R Release developer”.I don't want release streams to be visible to other team members. Can anyone suggest what’s the best way to restrict the access to streams so that only users with an appropriate role can load the streams and make changes

2) Only one stream in release stream is not visible to “Continuation developer” team. All other release streams are visible to them. We are not knowing the reason for this behavior.

Please suggest the best way to implement this type of configuration.

Regards,

Pavitra

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13277) | answered Jun 28 '17, 4:48 a.m.
edited Jun 28 '17, 4:48 a.m.

Hi Pavitra,

1) If the default owner of the stream is not the team area, click Browse and select My Tutorial Team Area. The Visibility field is set to My Tutorial Project Area. All users who have access to the project area have access to the stream.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.concert.tutorial.doc/topics/tut_restrict_access_source_control.html&scope=null

https://jazz.net/library/article/215

2) Check the Visiablity field and the users are part of the project team scope.

Which is your RTC version?

Let me know does the above information helped.

Regards,
Arun.

Pavitra Chitikela selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pavitra Chitikela commented Jun 28 '17, 5:30 a.m.

Hi Arun,

The solution you have given is working. Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Pavitra

Pavitra Chitikela commented Jun 29 '17, 5:31 a.m.

Hi Arun,
1) I am able to restrict access to streams. Here I got one problem, user created a repository work space before stream is restricted.So he is able to load repository work space. Is there any possibility of restricting access to repository work  space
2) One more question, can we restrict access so that no one can create repository work space for that particular stream. We are having a stream which grabs data from one stream and flows those changes to other streams, we dont want anyone to make changes to that stream by creating a repository workspace

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 22 '17, 2:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

(1) The owner of a repository workspace can always access that workspace.   Why do you care whether they can load that workspace?

(2) Creating a repository workspace on a stream does not give you permission to modify that stream.   Use write access control (permissions and preconditions) on the stream to control who can modify it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.