It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using OSLC API for DOORS: Export all requirement artifacts to Word/PDF

Serin Varghese (1112) | asked Jun 26 '17, 7:54 a.m.
edited Jun 26 '17, 9:11 a.m.

I am trying to download a report of all the requirement artifacts using Java and OSLC API. I can access individual artifacts but they are not saved as the way we see the page in DOORS. For my application, I need the linking between an Information and its Heading. 

I have also obtained the 
  • moduleURI
  • viewURI
  • projectURI 

How would I now be able to generate a report using the third-party tool?

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-Luc Johnson (8125) | answered Jun 26 '17, 9:21 a.m.

I am not sure I understood your question. Using Java and the OSLC API, you will be able to fetch the XML/RDF of the resources, not their HTML representation. For that reason, you cannot get the kind of information.

it is relatively easy to export the DOORS requirements into an Excel document. I did it few months ago against DOORS 6.0.x. I broke down the process into 2 steps. First I created a dump of the requirement into a repository ( in memory using a list, or into a Jena triple store). Then I used a java library - Apache POI - to populate an Excel sheet.

In order to improve the performance of your application, you could break down the process in pages  and run the whole process using a java task scheduler and s

Comments
Serin Varghese commented Jun 26 '17, 9:54 a.m. | edited Jun 26 '17, 9:54 a.m.

Hi Jean-Luc,

Could you please elaborate on how you created a dump of the requirements? Was it by using the UI?

I will elaborate a bit more on what i want to do..
The aim is to access and find the relation between the artifacts. For example, using OSLC I have found a Requirement and now would like to find its heading. As you mentioned, this is not possible to do via OSLC, as they do not give the relation between artifacts.

I found that we can generate Word reports using RM UI. I can use this file to scrape through for the links.

But, I wanted to know if there is a way to generate these reports using remote access as this process has to be done iteratively and manually generating reports is not ideal? 

Thanks in advance,
Serin

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Jun 26 '17, 11:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, OSLC API support for modules is not up to snuff for now.

Have you tried the CSV export? There you do get access to the module and its artifacts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.