It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get alert if a Service has been running for more than x hours on JTS or RTC?

Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | asked Aug 22 '13, 4:18 p.m.
I can see the running services on JTS/RTC admn console but not sure how to automate the alert if the service has been running for more than x hours. I'm thinking about writing a java program to pool the services, determine their run time and automatically send out an email if something has been running for too long. Is this a good idea? And what Java API should I be using? Thanks.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Aug 23 '13, 10:51 a.m.

Clement, 

Look about for "active services" and Perl.  Somewhere there is a perl script that can gather the Active Services, from that it would relatively easy to get the elapsed time and make some decisions.

If you can't find I could share what I use.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Aug 23 '13, 10:59 a.m.
I copped the perl from this article https://jazz.net/library/article/1017
Clement Liu selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Clement Liu commented Aug 23 '13, 2:34 p.m. | edited Aug 23 '13, 2:46 p.m.

Kevin, thank you. I read the perl script and I'd like to understand what REST call I should use to get Active Services. Do you happen to know where I can find the REST API Doc? 

Clement Liu commented Aug 27 '13, 9:40 a.m.

I got Hari's answer on his article: https://jazz.net/library/article/1017

Hari Vetsa wrote on August 26, 2013 07:17:03:

hi Clement

There are a number of articles on jazz.net about REST apis. However they seem to be product centric. 
To be practical for your case, I would recommend you use "firebug" or other tracing tool to capture the REST api calls to CLM.

Regards,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.