It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Shell Client Out of sync projects

Sean Burke (3789144247) | asked Jan 24 '13, 5:10 p.m.
edited Jan 24 '13, 5:14 p.m.
 I am always getting out of sync projects in the RTC when I use the shell client and eclipse client to access the same stream.  I think this is because they use the same repository workspace.   This makes me believe that you need a separate repository workspace for the shell client and a separate repository workspace for the  eclipse client.  For example,  I have a January Steam in Project area PEP.    In the eclipse client I have set up a repository workspace for the January stream named PEP January Workspace.  This follows into the January stream.  I now go into the RTC Shell client and connect to the project area PEP.  There already is a repository workspace that I see callled PEP January Workspace (this was the same repository workspace that was created from the eclipse client).  I select that workspace and select Load.   I choose a sandbox and start working in the Shell Client.  My project starts going out of sync.  This leads me to believe that you need to have a separate repository workspace for the eclipse client and the shell client.  Can anybody verify this?   If this is the case it may lead me to rethink my definition  of what is a repository work space .

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Jan 24 '13, 8:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 24 '13, 8:23 p.m.
Assuming you have loaded the same workspace into different sandboxes, if you use one sandbox with eclipse client and another with shell client, then doing operations like check-in, accept etc., from within one sandbox will make the other sandbox become out of sync.
Sean Burke selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tim Mok commented Jan 25 '13, 9:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is exactly what is happening. The repository workspace is on the server. When the repository workspace is modified in the Eclipse client, it doesn't affect what's loaded with the shell client. Therefore, your other sandbox becomes out-of-sync with the repository workspace.

The solution is to use separate repository workspaces for your sandboxes. If you need to share changes, you can suspend in one repository workspace and resume in the other. If you're on the same machine, you can even use one sandbox and one repository workspace. The Eclipse client has the ability to monitor changes external to the client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.