It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

new WI type - points doesn't shown

Eliah Ninyo (21715) | asked Jun 08 '17, 8:07 a.m.
edited Jun 11 '17, 3:30 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)

hello,

I defined a new WI type I called it "enabler".

I copied all fields from the story type since "enabler" and "story" are the same. (except the ID of course)

but when I create a WI type of "enabler" and other are "story" the process adds up only the story points and not the "enabler" points.

is there a way to make the "enabler" WI type to be also add up with its points like the story type?

thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 08 '17, 9:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 08 '17, 10:00 a.m.

As far as I can tell, the work item at least

1. Has to reuse the story point attribute used for the story points (the very same attribute with the same attribute ID)
  2. Must be selected as a plan item in the Eclipse client Process Configuration>Configuration>Project Configuration>Configuration Data>Planning>Work Item Type Categorization.

Eliah Ninyo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Eliah Ninyo commented Jun 11 '17, 2:36 a.m. | edited Jun 11 '17, 11:57 a.m.

hi,

thanks for the reply!

the new WI type has exactly the same attributes as the Story type. including the story points attribute.

thanks for the second tip, I added it in the eclipse client. by the way, why can't it be done through the web client? (or can it?)

anyway, it worked!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.