It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does DNG 6 linking Bugzilla changes fail?

Matthew Stone (23311) | asked Jun 02 '17, 6:58 p.m.

I'm attempting to use DNG 6 to create an link between a Requirement and a Bugzilla Change Request.  I see the Bugzilla delegated UI, I search and find/select the bug.  Then I click OK to create the link and I get this error in DNG every time regardless of the link type...

While creating links between servers, the link could not be created.
ID CRRRW7255E  The link from this server to the other server could not be created.
I'm using DNG 6.0.2 and the Eclipse Bugzilla adapter 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

Note: I can create a link between DNG Work Item and a Bugzilla Change Request.

Any ideas?

Comments
Matthew Stone commented Jun 02 '17, 7:16 p.m.

Further, I get this "Alert" when I attempt to create a link between a DGN Test Plan and a Bugzilla Change via the "Development Plan Link" section...

The following problems occurred during the initialization process: _a8 is undefined

One answer

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Jun 05 '17, 8:55 a.m.

The problem seems to be on Bugzilla connecrtor code when trying to update the item in Bugzilla. UpdateChanegRequest() method is the one that throws the failure ( in my case ).

This is not a RDNG issue.

Comments
Matthew Stone commented Jun 05 '17, 11:58 a.m. | edited Jun 05 '17, 11:58 a.m.

I set a break point there and it's never called.  The last thing I see monitoring the network traffic is a GET for the selected Change Request which successfully returns the RDF and then the CRRRW7255E error message is displayed in DNG.

Matthew Stone commented Jun 05 '17, 2:33 p.m. | edited Jun 05 '17, 2:34 p.m.

It's failing in the DNG javascript.  After I select a requirement and click OK the DNG JS GET's the ChangeRequest RDF successfully and then calls function "_createRemoteResourceOwnedLinkDeferred".  This function attempts to parse the RDF and find the ChangeRequest element but it can't find it.  This attempt is made starting on line 71038 of my JS source in the browser.  Here's the problematic code...

var _18=this._getResourceElement(_16,_e,_17,_8);
if(_18==null){
_16=_5.getElementsByTagNameNS(_d,"ChangeRequest",_11,_10);
_18=this._getResourceElement(_16,_e,_17,_8);
}

_18 is always null and this results in the errCallback being called. 

Please help.

Gabriel Ruelas commented Jun 07 '17, 11:45 a.m.

Can you attache what is response for the GET request ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.