It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM/RTC Defect and Work Items - C/ALM Project Linking Errors

Peter Cahill (311108) | asked Jul 02 '10, 12:02 p.m.
Hi,

I have three projects linked across RTC (2.0.0.2 iFix1), RQM (2.0.1) and RRCS (2.0.0.2 iFix1) -> tested by, implements, implemented by, tests and so on.......

Could someone please clarify what should happen between RQM and RTC when creating defects and tasks? More specifically:

If I create a task in RTC and assign to a QA member who also has an account in the RQM repo, then should that user see that task under the "My Tasks" widget on their personal RQM dashboard? At the moment, this is not happening for me.....(I have installed 3.0 M6 on a testbed I have here and this seems to work flawlessly)

On the flip side, if I create a Defect in RQM, should that defect then be created/shared as a defect under the corresponding RTC project????......as above, this is not happening (and does in 3.0 M6)....when I check the jazz.log for the RQM server, I see the following repeating and periodic error ; "<timestamp> [AsynchronousTaskRunner-<an> ERROR com.ibm.rqm.defects.service - class.com.ibm.rqm.defects.service.internal.ChangeRequestCollector:runTask AQXCM5001E An error was encountered trying to connect to a remote server: CRJAZ0124I Invalid username or password"

I am confused (obviously :)) by this error message - what username is RQM using to try to connect to RTC?

Any help/feedback on the above muchos appreciatos.....at a loss here

2 answers

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jul 06 '10, 10:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The error is coming from the task called com.ibm.rqm.defects.service.internal.ChangeRequestCollector on the RQM server. What this task is trying to do is to connect to your RTC instance and poll periodically for status updates on workitems. For details on this topic, please refer the following help page:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_config_rtc_defects_overview.html

To view the settings for this task, please login to your RQM server and navigate to the Advanced Properties page using Jazz Server Administration->Advanced Properties (under Configuration on the LHS). From what it looks like, the credentials supplied to connect to the RTC server are incorrect. Fixing those would make the error go away.

I hope that helps.

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jul 06 '10, 11:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also, I should have pointed out that the task needs credentials that are of a valid RTC user.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.