It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6.0.3 on WebSphere 8.5.5.11 base: Internet Explorer pop up window flashing

Narayanan Potti (27037279) | asked May 25 '17, 8:00 a.m.

CLM 6.0.3 is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2.
Application server: WebSphere 8.5.5.11 base.
Database: Oracle 12c
User registry: Jazz Authorization Server with file-based user registry.

Did JTS Setup, all steps successful including Create Tables in database, Register applications and Finalize applications. Added 3 users in localUserRegistry.xml file in  JazzAuthServer_install_dir /wlp/usr/servers/jazzop/ User are added to JazzAdmin and JazzUsers sections.

In my environment users are can only use Internet Explorer 11. I am able to login to JTS admin URL https://hostname:9443/jts/admin. Then when I click on down arrow next to home button to navigate to CCM, QM and RM a pop up window appears and it keeps flashing. I can close the pop up window by clicking X. It must be resolved for CLM application to be production ready.

In JTS admin page diagnostics shows error on /ccm/rootservices URL. It is OAuth error. QM and RM applications can be accessed via URLs /qm/web and /rm/web URLs. I tried setting WAS to Java versions 1.8 and 1.7. The issue is there with both Java versions. Please help resolve ASAP.

Thank You
NP

Comments
Don Yang commented May 25 '17, 8:12 p.m.

With WAS 8.5.5.11, it only supports Java 7.1 instead of Java 8. Since the default is Java 8, you would need to update to Java 7.1. Then try with other browser and IE11, if only IE11 has the issue, then you know it is IE 11 specific. Maybe jts.log would have some more info.

Narayanan Potti commented May 25 '17, 11:07 p.m.
I installed Java 7.1 using installation manager and applied it to WebSphere  profile for CLM by executing managesdk.bat script. The problem still persists. Users are limited to Internet Explorer 11 due to restrictions in client environment. 

This morning I stopped WebSphere service, cleared WAS cache, applied CLM iFix005 and started WebSphere service. It did not resolve the issue. 

Donald Nong commented May 26 '17, 2:21 a.m.

I have seen something similar before but cannot recall the details now. The issue looks to be related to SSO, or more specifically the JSA SSO has not been configured correctly. If you press ESC repeatedly, you should be able to stop the flashing pop-up window. Then when you check its page URL, it should be from JAS.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.