It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot fetch data from MS-Access database for RFT scripts within RQM.

Chanda Sachanandani (112) | asked May 04 '17, 2:26 p.m.
edited May 04 '17, 2:26 p.m.

I have developed RFT scripts that fetch test data from the MS Acess database. When I run them manually with RFT, the scripts run without any issue.

However,on integrating my RFT scripts with RQM and executing them, I receive java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver exception on line where we fetch data from ms-access database.

Looking for hep to resolve this issue.

RFT is installed on my machine, where as I am using client version of RQM.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered May 05 '17, 12:08 a.m.

Hi, Chanda

It is not clear what version of RFT, RQM you are using, also what you mean by 'using client version of RQM'.
I guess you are using web client, is that right?

If you search for "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver", there are several hits
suggesting
UcanaccessDriver need to be installed, some suggesting Java version is a problem etc.

In general,
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException suggests RQM is not able to access to some external libraries, jar etc.
Do you need any external jar/libraries in order to access to
MS Acess database in your RFT script?

If yes, you need to place them in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\RFT\customization
(RFT customization folder location can be checked in the below registry:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rational Software\Rational Test\8\Rational FT Customization Directory)

or have -projectpath pointing to the jar/libraries location under script arguments when importing your RFT script into RQM.

These are explained here:
http://technicalshowoff.blogspot.com/2011/04/script-facing-class-not-found-exception.html

Hopefully this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.