It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Test Suite failing

henry barber (367) | asked Nov 26 '14, 12:39 a.m.
edited Nov 26 '14, 12:42 a.m.
I've got a Test Suite with 200 Test Cases, utilising the Commandline Adapter.
I have this Test Suite running OK on RQM v4 and on several v5 hosts, but one host is choking.
I try to execute the Test Suite (or the Execution Record) and a very unhelpful "Error" window pops up.
Looking through the RQM logs, I get the output below (x 200)
It looks like even though RQM shows the Adapter is OK in the Adapter Console view, AND I can use the Adapter for other individual Test Cases, there is a compatability issue?

14-11-26 06:24:55,480 [http-bio-443-exec-37 @@ 06:24 blahblah /qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.service.rest.ITestSuiteExecutionRecordRestService/execute]  WARN com.ibm.rqm.execution                               - Execution could not be started due to unavailability of an execution adapter of type com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline within test cell some-host-name to run remote script some-script-name
2015-11-26 06:24:55,683 [http-bio-443-exec-37 @@ 06:24 blahblah /qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.service.rest.ITestSuiteExecutionRecordRestService/execute]  WARN com.ibm.rqm.execution                               - Execution could not be started due to unavailability of an execution adapter of type com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline within test cell some-host-name to run remote script another-script-name

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 28 '14, 7:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It appears you are running the test suite with a test cell.  When running a test suite with a test cell (group of lab resources), all adapters that are running on the lab resources within a test cell are chosen for execution.  If you don't have an adapter running on the lab resources within a test cell, the test suite will not be executed and the above warnings messages are logged.

You can
open a RQM defect for the unhelpful error dialog.

Comments
henry barber commented Dec 03 '14, 9:05 p.m.

Thanks Paul,
I do have a Commandline Adapter running on the (only) Lab Resource in the Test Cell.
I'm wondering if RQM just can't "see" it?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Dec 03 '14, 10:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Henry,

This appears to be a defect.  Please open a RQM PMR for Support to investigate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.