It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What factors cause the RTC warning "the work item is planned to be completed on XXXX, when the iteration ends XXXX"?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Apr 11 '17, 11:59 a.m.
edited Apr 11 '17, 12:53 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

I have a work item scheduled in iteration 7, which has dates of April 10- April 16, and children work items scheduled in iteration 6, which has dates of April 17-23.  I get a warning that the parent work item (the one in iteration 7) is planned to be completed on May 2, when the iteration ends on April 16.  What factors come into play for such a warning?  I can't find any links associated to the work item that would cause this.

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 11 '17, 8:37 p.m.

The warning is given by "Planning Problems Check" Plan Check. You could see the detail description of the plan check from https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.apt.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_plan_check_options.html, which mentions:

Planning Problems Check: If a problem exists with the schedule of work items in a plan, a warning is displayed. For example, a warning is displayed if a work item is scheduled after its due date, has no estimate, is scheduled after the iteration ends, or if the due date has passed.

The work item's completion data is calculated based on the Estimates, Time Spent and Owner's allocation.

Comments
Kim Williams commented Apr 14 '17, 6:06 a.m.

Lily - thanks for answering the question.  Unfortunately, the link that you sent directs to a page that no longer exists.  I did a search for plan checks, and found this topic:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.apt.doc/topics/t_plan_check_options.html?resultof=%22%70%6c%61%6e%22%20%22%63%68%65%63%6b%22%20

Will you please confirm that this is the description you were intending?

Lily Wang commented Apr 17 '17, 9:16 p.m.

Yes, they are same.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.