It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Appending unique number to TCER creation - (1) etc...

Leesen Padayachee (9956119) | asked Apr 07 '17, 7:59 a.m.

Hi

I see that in one of our projects, If we generate a TSER the associated TCER adds a number for e.g _(1) if there are exisitng TCER's with the same name. I am not sure what permission activates this? It works on 1 project and not on another? Just to clarify more:

TSER generated with test environment and test schedule---> subsequent TCER is generated with just the test environement, but if that TCER name already exists, it appends it with a (1)...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Leesen

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 09 '17, 9:26 p.m.

When you say it does not work on another project, what do you mean? Does the creation of TCER fail? Or it creates a TCER with the same name?

Leesen Padayachee commented Apr 10 '17, 4:35 a.m.

Hi Don

The TCER creates with unique ID's but exactly the same names. In the other project it creates with a (1) appended to the end.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 10 '17, 5:47 a.m.

Hi, Leesen

I think the original TCER(and its associated Test Case) could come from RQMExcelImporter, in which an external id is allocated. When adding the same test case into the test suite and creating a TSER, it will generate another TCER at the same time, basically this is a TCER with the same name but since it has unique external id in the original TCER, it will create a new one. When the project area has 'Name Uniqueness' enforced(set at project area admin page), it will add a number '1' at the end of TCER name to be unique.In another project area, as this 'Name Uniqueness' is not enabled, it will create a new TCER with the same name(by nature, this one is different from the original one though).

thanks

Leesen Padayachee selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Leesen Padayachee commented Apr 10 '17, 5:55 a.m.

Thanks Don! "name uniqueness" was not enabled in the other project area!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.