It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS/RQM - Reporting with RS on Test Cases when a Test Case Category is undefined

jean-claude vauthier (22634957) | asked Apr 06 '17, 11:14 a.m.
edited Apr 06 '17, 11:16 a.m.

Hello,

The test cases have a custom category and sometimes this category has not been defined by the testers (undefined).  With JRS, I would like to display all the test cases for which this category is undefined.

Unfortunately in the "condition section" of Report Builder, if I select the option "is not" with all the values possible for this category I can't display the test cases for which the category is undefined.  And JRS does not propose the option  "Undefined".

Is there another way to proceed or a workaround to this limitation ?

Thanks

Version : JRS 6.0.2
Reporting using the DW datasource

Jean-Claude

Comments
Lily Wang commented Apr 06 '17, 10:06 p.m.

There's a "Unassigned" selection for custom category in JRS 6.0.3, but not in JRS 6.0.2.

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 07 '17, 9:28 a.m.

Hello Jean-Claude,

Other than upgrading to 6.0.3 the only work around I can suggest is to customize the SQL Query used by the report in the Advanced section.
For reference this is the query automatically generated in 6.0.3 for a report showing all testcases of a project area having the custom category Custom1  Unassigned:

SELECT DISTINCT T1.PROJECT_NAME,
       T1.REFERENCE_ID,
       T1.NAME AS URL1_title,
       T1.URL AS URL1,
       T2.VALUE AS VALUE
FROM RIDW.VW_TESTCASE T1
LEFT OUTER JOIN RIDW.VW_TESTCASE_CATEGORY_LOOKUP LT1
ON (T1.TESTCASE_ID = LT1.TESTCASE_ID)
  LEFT OUTER JOIN RIDW.VW_TEST_CATEGORY T2
  ON LT1.TEST_CATEGORY_ID = T2.TEST_CATEGORY_ID AND T2.TERM='Custom1'
WHERE T1.PROJECT_ID = 5  AND
(  (T2.VALUE='Info not available' OR T2.VALUE='Unassigned' OR T2.VALUE=' ' OR T2.VALUE IS NULL)
) AND
(T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.TESTCASE_ID <> -1 AND T1.TESTCASE_ID IS NOT NULL) AND
(T2.TERM = 'Custom1' OR
    (SELECT count(*) FROM RIDW.VW_TESTCASE_CATEGORY_LOOKUP LT
     INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_TEST_CATEGORY T ON T.TEST_CATEGORY_ID = LT.TEST_CATEGORY_ID AND T.TERM = 'Custom1'
     WHERE LT.TESTCASE_ID = T1.TESTCASE_ID) = 0)

Best Regards
Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.