It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution Variables at Test Case Artifact.

Ed Schrader (1115) | asked Apr 03 '17, 9:58 a.m.

I am curious the use case for for an Execution Variable at the Test Case Artifact.

I noticed on the Test Case Artifact there is a section that can be added for "Execution Variables", however I am not understanding what the use case for the "Execution Variables" at the Test Case Artifact.

It appears as though: 
·         you can add Project Variables to Test Case via the Test Case>Execution Variables selection
·         you can create Artifact Variables for Test Case via the Test Case>Execution Variables selection

However, in either case I see nowhere on the Test Case Artifact to Insert either Variable nor do these Variable push down to the Test Cases, Test Scrip….You can Add/Create these at the Test Script Artifact without them being on the Test Case Artifact Execution Variable selection. <o:p> </o:p>

Therefore, I am curious if there is some functionality I'm missing in regards to "Execution Variables" use at the Test Case Artifact.

One answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Apr 03 '17, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Test case execution variables are used to pass additional information to automation via the Command Line Adapter or other custom adapter.  See this article for more information:  https://jazz.net/library/article/809

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.