It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution Variables at Test Case Artifact.

Ed Schrader (1115) | asked Apr 03 '17, 9:58 a.m.

I am curious the use case for for an Execution Variable at the Test Case Artifact.

I noticed on the Test Case Artifact there is a section that can be added for "Execution Variables", however I am not understanding what the use case for the "Execution Variables" at the Test Case Artifact.

It appears as though: 
·         you can add Project Variables to Test Case via the Test Case>Execution Variables selection
·         you can create Artifact Variables for Test Case via the Test Case>Execution Variables selection

However, in either case I see nowhere on the Test Case Artifact to Insert either Variable nor do these Variable push down to the Test Cases, Test Scrip….You can Add/Create these at the Test Script Artifact without them being on the Test Case Artifact Execution Variable selection. <o:p> </o:p>

Therefore, I am curious if there is some functionality I'm missing in regards to "Execution Variables" use at the Test Case Artifact.

One answer

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123238) | answered Apr 03 '17, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Test case execution variables are used to pass additional information to automation via the Command Line Adapter or other custom adapter.  See this article for more information:  https://jazz.net/library/article/809

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.