It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make workitem attributes mandatory

Narayanan Potti (27037279) | asked Sep 11 '09, 11:43 a.m.
Hello Everyone

I am using RTC 1.0.1.1 installed on Windows server 2003.

We started with Simple team process for our project. For defect, enhancement and task workitem types I need to make certain attributes such as owned by, Priority, Severity, Time spent, Planned for, etc mandatory. These attributes are "built in" with RTC and I want to have developers select or input values for those attributes to deliver them.

Can someone please let me know how it can be done ? If there are published documents or articles on it pealse send me the links.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You
npotti

4 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Sep 14 '09, 3:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
please refer to this article:
http://jazz.net/library/article/129
(@see Required Property section)

You may also want to review this one:
http://jazz.net/library/article/42

Thanks.
Eric.

npotti a crit :
Hello Everyone

I am using RTC 1.0.1.1 installed on Windows server 2003.

We started with Simple team process for our project. For defect,
enhancement and task workitem types I need to make certain attributes
such as owned by, Priority, Severity, Time spent, Planned for, etc
mandatory. These attributes are "built in" with RTC and I
want to have developers select or input values for those attributes
to deliver them.

Can someone please let me know how it can be done ? If there are
published documents or articles on it pealse send me the links.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You
npotti

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Sep 14 '09, 3:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
Please have a look at the Work Item Customization article http://jazz.net/library/article/129, section 'Required Properties'.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | answered Apr 28 '10, 9:01 p.m.
How can a custom attribute I add to a given type (for example, "Reproducible" in a Defect) be made to be required? I have added it, and now see it as a settable field in the "Details" section (where I added it), but it does not show up in the list of fields I can choose from in the "Required Properties" dialog when I select "Defect" as the type.

Thanks, Gary

permanent link
Michael Walker (99214201157) | answered Apr 29 '10, 2:28 a.m.
How can a custom attribute I add to a given type (for example, "Reproducible" in a Defect) be made to be required? I have added it, and now see it as a settable field in the "Details" section (where I added it), but it does not show up in the list of fields I can choose from in the "Required Properties" dialog when I select "Defect" as the type.

Thanks, Gary

If the Type is Boolean I don't think you can set it as a required field since unchecked could be the valid value. What I've done is define it as an Enumeration with Yes and No options and put it in the Presentation as Radio Buttons. Then make it required.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.