It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sync two different sandbox

Bharath Adhithya (5213346) | asked Mar 24 '17, 2:17 a.m.

Hi,

I have created a repository workspace in windows and loaded the components into by sandbox. Using the same repository workspace components are loaded via command line in linux. If i make a change in windows side and checkin the same is getting reflected in linux. As of now i force load the workspace again in linux so that i get the change reflected but the changes done in linux are lost. Problem here is we are building for both windows and linux with same set of files. Is there any possibility of maintaining the sync between both sandboxes? I know both are two different places still wanted to know if anyone has solution for this issue.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 25 '17, 10:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 25 '17, 10:54 a.m.

The only efficient way to sync between two sandboxes is to have two different workspaces (one for each sandbox), and then use the Accept in the client where the target workspace is loaded to transfer changes from to that target workspace.   This does require that you either "complete" or "suspend" a change set from the source workspace before you can accept it into the target workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.