It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Would like to update time spent in "My Stuff"

Anders Malmberg (308) | asked Mar 14 '17, 10:07 a.m.

Hi,
we have turned on "Time Spent" instead of "Time Remaining" for a project area.

When I list work in my stuff and open up the work item (still inside My Stuff) I can change a lot of attributes, aka; Tags, Planned For, Filed Against, Due Date, Estimation etc, but not the Time Spent attribute.

Have I not done some configuration correctly, or is it just not possible? It would be great to have that possibility, instead of being forced to open the work item and the turn back to My Stuff.

//Anders

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 14 '17, 11:04 p.m.

What's the process template are you using? In My Stuff view, the "Time Spent" is read-only if the work items is in a project area using Formal Project Management template and the Time Spent should be updated from the Time Tracking tab of the work item.

Anders Malmberg selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anders Malmberg commented Mar 16 '17, 8:11 a.m.

It is the Scrum template, but the project is from RTC v2.x something, so there might be something there. I solved it by unchecking the "Synchronize Time Spent with Time Tracking". That maked the "Time Spent" field editable in My Stuff.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.