It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RTC integrate with RAD?

Chris Alkov (611) | asked Sep 10 '09, 12:38 p.m.
I'm running RAD 7.5.3 which was installed using IM. Is it possible to integrate RTC 2.0 with RAD 7.5.3? From IM if you select to do a new install of RTC so that it lets you select an eclipse install location you can't select RAD because it says:

"There is a package installed at "...". The Eclipse ID must not be the same as an existing package installation directory."

Is there someplace we can get an eclipse update package so we don't have to use IM. I tend to run RAD + a base eclipse and would like both to be integrated. IM seems to be too picky. With an eclipse update package I could update any, some or all of my eclipse based installations.

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Martina Riedel (20323341) | answered Sep 10 '09, 1:10 p.m.
I'm running RAD 7.5.3 which was installed using IM. Is it possible to integrate RTC 2.0 with RAD 7.5.3? From IM if you select to do a new install of RTC so that it lets you select an eclipse install location you can't select RAD because it says:

"There is a package installed at "...". The Eclipse ID must not be the same as an existing package installation directory."

Is there someplace we can get an eclipse update package so we don't have to use IM. I tend to run RAD + a base eclipse and would like both to be integrated. IM seems to be too picky. With an eclipse update package I could update any, some or all of my eclipse based installations.

Thanks

Have you worked your way through http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19567 ? You need to install RTC and RAD into the same IM group.

Martina

permanent link
Chris Alkov (611) | answered Sep 10 '09, 2:15 p.m.
Thanks! That was exactly what I needed.

permanent link
Amirsam Khataei (256175) | answered Sep 10 '09, 4:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
also take a look at
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&q1=RAD+RTC&uid=swg21396739&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.