It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing notes from ClearQuest to RTC

David Fay (4164) | asked Sep 10 '09, 12:30 p.m.
Hi,

1) Do I need to do something extra in my data mapping file to import notes from ClearQuest to a RTC 2.0 discussion presentation?

2) Is it possible to combine multiple notes fields from ClearQuest into a single discussion presentation?

Thanks,

David

4 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Sep 10 '09, 3:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not all of the work item properties can be specified in the mapping file. The work item comment and attachment fields are two such fields.

To import notes, specify the Notes_Log field in the CQ query's display fields.

I created work item https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=94196 to support the ability to specify notes in the mapping file.

It is not possible to combine multiple CQ notes into 1 work item comment. Please put in a work item enhancement request to have more than one comment in a work item.

permanent link
David Fay (4164) | answered Sep 10 '09, 4:31 p.m.
Please put in a work item enhancement request to have more than one comment in a work item.

Thanks! I will put in the request.

In the meantime, however, we still need that functionality. So, I'm hoping to be able to figure out how to modify the source code to create sort of a hack to get it working for our specific needs until you guys are able to find a solution that will work for everyone.

I downloaded the ClearQuest Connector source code. I guess my first question is: Was that the correct source code to download?

Here are my other questions:

- Where does the code to relating to importing the Notes_Log exist?
- How would we go about building it?
- Where would we place the JAR(s) once it's done?

Thanks for your time.

David

permanent link
Adrian Cho (82113322) | answered Sep 11 '09, 12:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
David, I'll let the CQ Connector team answer your other questions but just so you know WRT hacking the source:

The license permits you to modify RTC for your own internal use only however IBM support won't support any modified component. The dev team will however do what it can but no guarantees.

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Sep 14 '09, 2:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Email was sent to the user. Also, a work item has been created, https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=94281.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.