It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to add work items from different project areas into one plan?

christofer anderberg (132) | asked Mar 09 '17, 7:25 a.m.

Hi,

I'm wondering if it it possible to add work items from different project areas into one plan?

I was trying with the cross-project tracking plan but it doesn't work. The drop down menu were I can choose project area is out grayed and its not possible to add an existing work item from another project area.

///Christofer

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 09 '17, 9:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Cross project plans can track across project areas as well as across multiple repositories. You have to however configure the Project Area Associations. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/MultipleCCMAppsBestPractices and then it is possible to select work items in another project area.

christofer anderberg selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
christofer anderberg commented Mar 09 '17, 9:26 a.m.

But this is for different CCM servers. The action I would like to do is done on the same CCM server. I would like to share planned items on multiple plans in different project areas. Is this possible?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 09 '17, 9:32 a.m.

Multiple CCM is only the extreme scenario. All that works also for one CCM. You still have to configure the Project Area Associations to use the tracks relationships.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 09 '17, 9:34 a.m.

I should add that this is the only way to do it, really. Otherwise the only way to see work items out of the scope of a plan is by using parent child relationships. 

This is coincidence as parent child is not really supported across project areas in plans.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.