Can I do a CLM upgrade to V603 on WAS 8.0.0.x?
Hi,
I have a CLM V602 environment that i'm getting ready to upgrade to V603. We are using WAS 8.0.0.10. Tried to upgrade to WAS V8.5.5.10 in January but was not successful. Found this note in the interactive upgrade guide:
Starting in version 6.0.3, the required Java version is 7.1. The minimum version of WebSphere Application Server that supports Java 7.1, is 8.5.5.2. Make sure you first upgrade your WebSphere Application Server to version 8.5.5.2 or higher, then upgrade your Java to version 7.1.
Does this apply only to WAS V8.5.5 only? Do I need to upgrade to Java V7.1 if I'm using WAS V8.0.0.10-13? If so, what is the mimimum version of WAS V8.0.0 that supports Java V7.1?
The Deployment Wiki indicates that WAS 8.0.0.x can still be used but there seems to be a conflict since I can't find any docs for Java V7.1 on WAS 8.0.0.x. Can I install Java V7.1 into WAS V8.0.0.x or is that not necessary?
Thanks,
Fran
One answer
The 6.0.3 Installation and Upgrade Notes document [https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/install_upgrade/6.0.3/index.html] section that discussed the requirement for Java 7.1 links to Jazz.net task 395554 which states "the minimum version of WAS that supports Java 7.1 is 8.5.5.2, any earlier versions must be upgraded to at least version 8.5.5.2 first". So the limitation is that Java 7.1 is not supported in versions of WAS prior to 8.5.5.2.
It also looks like WAS 8.0.0.x is going out of service early 2018 so it is advisable that you upgrade to WAS 8.5.5 soon. If you still have problems upgrading your WebSphere to 8.5.5.x you should open a PMR against WebSphere to get the appropriate assistance.