It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Overdue email being sent even though approval has been approved[pending from other approvers ] and work item status is rejected state

Naveen Tyagi (19768152) | asked Feb 22 '17, 3:02 a.m.
edited Feb 22 '17, 3:49 a.m.

Hi All,
Approver still receiving the "overdue" email although work item is in "Rejected" state.

There are multiples Approver for the same task, Some of them have approved the review and for two it is still pending. But those who have approved still receiving the overdue mail. is there any way to prevent this? Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 22 '17, 3:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 22 '17, 3:38 a.m.

I am not aware of an overdue mail notification out of the box. Is that a custom extension?

There are no options for configuring overdue reviews, so tha naswer would be no, if this was a built in capability I am not aware of.

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 22 '17, 3:48 a.m.

i meant approval reminder, I have looked for the similar thread but didn't find any concrete solution. 

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/217890/why-are-approval-reminder-emails-being-still-sent-after-the-work-items-have-been-approved

There are multiple approvers and those who have already approved still  receiving mail: " Subject: Overdue 'Approval' request: '2019DEMO_5_0_0_Approval of Architecture artifacts' (work item 28907)"

<o:p> </o:p>

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 22 '17, 5:15 a.m. | edited Feb 22 '17, 5:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I was not aware of that, but it looks like the only thing you can do is to configure the frequency. I don't see any rules. 

If the notifier notifies all stakeholders alike, then this is likely by design. e.g. to let all the stakeholders know there is an issue with an approval. One scenario could be the need to check if the approver are still responsible e.g. one left the company.

I don't see how you can change that behavior. If you want more, you would have to create your own custom notifier. You can request an enhancement here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.