It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Valid User IDs

Robin Bobbitt (59679) | asked Sep 08 '09, 11:33 a.m.
What characters are valid in a User ID? I've configured my jazz server for LDAP and created a user with uid "joe bob". When I try to log in, it fails with "Invalid user ID /password", CRJAZ0097I The request for URL "/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IRepositoryRemoteService" was denied with a Forbidden status. Is this because of the space in the id? My users without spaces can log in successfully.

Thanks,
Robin

3 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Sep 08 '09, 3:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Authentication is managed by the container (Tomcat / WebSphere). I am not aware of any issues with spaces in the user id.

Can you double check the user information "joe bob" in LDAP directory ?

--- Balaji

What characters are valid in a User ID? I've configured my jazz server for LDAP and created a user with uid "joe bob". When I try to log in, it fails with "Invalid user ID /password", CRJAZ0097I The request for URL "/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IRepositoryRemoteService" was denied with a Forbidden status. Is this because of the space in the id? My users without spaces can log in successfully.

Thanks,
Robin

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Sep 09 '09, 11:18 a.m.
Thanks Balaji. You were correct. I had forgotten to give my user one of the Jazz roles. It would be helpful if the error message could be enhanced to provide this information (that the authentication was successful but no role has been assigned). Thanks for the help!

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Sep 16 '09, 5:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Robin,

When you run into these kinds of issues, your best option is to ask users to browse to https://{server-Name}:9443/jazz/authenticated/identity

This url displays the group membership information. The information is used by the container to determine your permissions.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

Thanks Balaji. You were correct. I had forgotten to give my user one of the Jazz roles. It would be helpful if the error message could be enhanced to provide this information (that the authentication was successful but no role has been assigned). Thanks for the help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.