It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I add another associated values to a currently existing RQM (5.0.2) Test Case category

Bob Ferguson (891139) | asked Feb 01 '17, 12:17 p.m.
retagged Feb 03 '17, 3:02 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

I am currently using RQM 5.0.2 and I have been asked to add additional values to two Test Case Categories.

One is Project the other is Product.

When I go into manage project properties/artifact categories/test case categories/Project, I can expand to see the values however I cannot see how to add a value.

All of the values show that they are "Associated".  How do I find out where they are associated from.

I am assuming these values are enumerations from another field (probably in a RTC work item) and I could add values to the categories by adding values to the enumerations.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Feb 01 '17, 7:38 p.m.

The "Associated" means the value is associated to the category. It's not related to any other enumeration. If you add a new value under the category, the "Associated" keyword is always shown.

Bob Ferguson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bob Ferguson commented Feb 02 '17, 8:41 a.m.

I followed the link to add a new value to the category and I don't see what the instructions say.  I already have categories and I want to add a new value.  In the instructions it starts with creating a category and saving it.  It then says:

Expand the category in the tree.

Add a category value to the expanded category by clicking the Create icon

When I click the only Create icon I see it asks me to create a root category.

I checked and my role as Test manager has the permissions to edit / create / delete categories.

I also checked to see if this was a shared process area and it is not.

I don't know if a step is missing or something is wrong with the install because the instructions also show how to make something required and default and I do not have any of the drop down arrows to do this.

Bob Ferguson commented Feb 02 '17, 9:37 a.m.

Sorry about this.  I had the screen enlarged and the icons were hidden.

Once I restored the font size every thing appeared.

Thanks again

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.