It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why "Create and Print Microsoft Word Document" doesn't create output in RDNG 6.0.2?

Robert Huet (23112684) | asked Jan 30 '17, 11:45 a.m.

We have a strange situation where certain people in the organization can't create Word docs using "Create and Print Microsoft Word Document".  This has been happening since the RDNG 6.0.2 upgrade but only happens with Chrome (v55.0.2883.87 m) and only on certain machines.  The report actually generates successfully (no errors), but then the file download never occurs (should automatically download Word doc).  However, selecting "Generate a Report for this View" and picking the "Print Module Table" report works just fine, and the Word doc is downloaded successfully.  Clearing browser cash does not help.  Logging in as admin user on same machine does not make a difference.  I could not find any errors in the browser console log.  I have not checked the RRDG server log, but I don't expect any errors since the report generation completed successfully.

I can't reproduce this on my machine.  This only impacts certain users.  What further steps can be taken to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Robert

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 01 '17, 1:24 a.m.

Have you looked into the Network tab in the Chrome Developer Tool to confirm what has been returned at the end of the Word doc generation?

2 answers

permanent link
Hugh Lippincott (199) | answered Dec 13 '18, 6:20 p.m.

Try enabling Popups for the site of your RDNG.

permanent link
Hugh Lippincott (199) | answered Dec 13 '18, 6:21 p.m.

Enabling Popups for the site of my RDNG put the report file in my downloads panel at the bottom of the screen.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.