It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to implement 2 workflows in single workitem based on dropdown value?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Jan 28 '17, 1:34 a.m.

I have one work item but want to add two workflows to it in such a manner that when attribute value of a enumeration field named "Which workflow?" is selected as "1" a workflow-1 should be triggered and if enumeration value is "2" then workflow-2 should get triggered. By workflow I mean statuses of the workitem.

How do I set up two different workflows and assign it to same workitem?
I am not sure where to start from? Should this script be "calculated value", or "script validation"? In either case, I will have to capture the selected value ("1" or "2") of enumeration dropdown. Then what should I do to assign workflow?

Please suggest.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 28 '17, 9:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is not possible with RTC - or any other CM tool, I am aware of.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 28 '17, 10:52 a.m. | edited Jan 28 '17, 10:53 a.m.

You can change the type of a work item - the type actually determines the workflow.
The best is, we have the type change built into the UI's and you don't actually have to do any customizations! xD

Pravin Patil commented Jan 28 '17, 4:19 p.m.

Thanks Ralph. So by Type Change you mean separate workitems, correct? So basically one workflow per workitem only.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 28 '17, 4:35 p.m. | edited Jan 28 '17, 4:35 p.m.

One workflow per work item type category.

You must have understood how work item types work and what distinguishes them by now, don't you?

Each work item type category has a specific workflow. A work item has a type, hence is of a type category, hence has a specific workflow.

The type can be changed. If a type has a different workflow, the work item has a new workflow after changing the type.

Pravin Patil commented Feb 09 '17, 5:40 p.m.

Thanks Ralph, is there a way to trigger a WORKITEM of Specific type based on Enumeration attribute value?

Donald Nong commented Feb 14 '17, 10:26 p.m.

I don't understand this part - why don't just change the work item type directly?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.