It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to customize document reporting Template of DNG

Penchala suman (461425) | asked Jan 24 '17, 6:30 a.m.

We are using DNG 6.0.2 and I wanted to add my company logo into Reporting template in DNG (export documents)

(open Module, click "Generate a document-style report for this view", select our own customized RPE template, select MS Word output format, etc.)
any one tried this requirement and let me know if you have any solution.

<o:p> </o:p>

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jan 24 '17, 8:55 a.m.

You can put the logo either in the Word template or in RPE template (.dta file).
Modifying the Word template (stylesheet):
1. Check which RPE template is used for document generation (.dta file under <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\rrdg)
2. Go to the folder <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word and select the .doc whose name matches to the .dta used. (For example, printModuleBook.doc)
3. Take a back up copy of printModuleBook.doc (and place it to a different folder. Do not leave it in <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\word folder.
3. Add the logo in Header or Footer.
4. Open https://<clmserver>:9443/rm/publish/initialize in browser.
5. After this, you should see the logo in the document generated.

Modifying the RPE template:
1. Open the .dta file (found under <jazzteamserverhome>\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\rrdg) that is used for document generation in RPE Studio.
2. Select Master Page (MP1) and insert Image element within Header section or Footer section
3. For the image element load the image file and save .dta.
4. Open https://<clmserver>:9443/rm/publish/initialize in browser.
5. After this, you should see your company logo.
Note: You need RPE (Rational Publishing Engine Studio) for this.

Comments
Penchala suman commented Jan 29 '17, 4:14 a.m. | edited Jan 29 '17, 10:02 p.m.

Thanks Subramanya,

1. Modifying the word template is not working, I've added company log to word template but it is not reflecting while reporting doc or pdf. 
2. Modifying the RPE template solution is working fine, but the problem is we need RPE license to customize our needs.
 If you guys can fix the first solution it will be really great.

Donald Nong commented Jan 29 '17, 10:04 p.m.

Have you done step #4 in Subramanya's instructions? It is necessary to reflect the new changes by doing that.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jan 30 '17, 1:52 a.m.

Also, make sure that you are modifying the right Word template. Its name should be same as the RPE template that you modified.

Penchala suman commented Jan 30 '17, 6:10 a.m.

Yes, I've done step #4 and also right document (word template) was modified. Modifying font is reflecting, not a log changes in header and footer in template.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Jan 30 '17, 8:37 a.m. | edited Jan 30 '17, 8:39 a.m.

Note that if the RPE template (.dta file) has MasterPage element (with different Header / Footer section) assigned, you need to remove MasterPage assignment in RPE template so as to use the Header / Footer from the Word Stylesheet. Do you see any MasterPage assigned in the template? If so, you need to modify the .dta file (using RPE Studio).

permanent link
Penchala suman (461425) | answered Feb 20 '17, 5:59 a.m.

I could able to fix the issue through RPE Studio and it is working fine now, 

Thanks @Subramanya Prasad Pilar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.