It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to install Custom Reportin on existin Insight?

James DeVries (1174) | asked Sep 03 '09, 3:24 p.m.
I have integrated RQM 2.0 with ClearQuest and would like to develop reports that include details about the defects that are associated with test execution results.

Because the OOB BIRT reports do not work with Defect data stored in another repository this requires use of Rational Custom Reporting. However, I believe RCR cannot run reports on ClearQuest data.

According to this work item I "would need to get the full Insight solution with RCR installed on top"

https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/19497

Are there instructions to install RCR on top of Insight? I haven't found those in the RQM documentation.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 03 '09, 6:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James,
You are correct that RCR does not support CQ (or RTC, etc). We are actively working on improving our "story" in this area for the future.

This isn't the answer you'll want to hear but the actual install process to lay RCR on top of Insight does not seem to be formally established. The installer does not support it OOTB.

It should be achievable through manual installation but this has not yet been documented. This is obviously going to be required by many users so this information should be forthcoming.

Regards,
John

I have integrated RQM 2.0 with ClearQuest and would like to develop reports that include details about the defects that are associated with test execution results.

Because the OOB BIRT reports do not work with Defect data stored in another repository this requires use of Rational Custom Reporting. However, I believe RCR cannot run reports on ClearQuest data.

According to this work item I "would need to get the full Insight solution with RCR installed on top"

Are there instructions to install RCR on top of Insight? I haven't found those in the RQM documentation.

Thanks

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 09 '09, 1:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have received some updated information on this topic.
In order to pull data from sources outside of RQM you DO need the full Insight product.
You DO NOT need to install RCR (Rational Custom Reporting) on top of Insight. Instead, the only thing you need to get from RCR would be the out of the box RCR reports for RQM.
Sorry for the confusion.

Hi James,
You are correct that RCR does not support CQ (or RTC, etc). We are actively working on improving our "story" in this area for the future.

This isn't the answer you'll want to hear but the actual install process to lay RCR on top of Insight does not seem to be formally established. The installer does not support it OOTB.

It should be achievable through manual installation but this has not yet been documented. This is obviously going to be required by many users so this information should be forthcoming.

Regards,
John

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.