It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build - how to unset "deletion allowed" during a build on a build result

Nicolas Dangeville (31632425) | asked Jan 09 '17, 6:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is a question from a customer.

They need to set some build results as "do not delete". It's a decision made during the build process. I could'nt find an ant task that is able to unset the "deletion allowed" flag of a build result. Did I miss it ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 09 '17, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 09 '17, 10:46 a.m.

Nicolas,

I am not aware of an ANT task that does this. You can however use the plain Java client libraries to set the flag. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/28/build-artifacts-publishing-and-automated-build-output-management-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/ shows an example that works not in the build, but asynchronous. However you could have this in a build as well. The example creates a release, but it is no rocket science to find the API do remove deletion allowed.

You can also create custom ANT tasks for the Java APIs. Either way, you need a custom automation using an API.

Please note, the build automation user who does this must have the permission to do so.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.